We knew Obama was a fraud before it was cool...

CONTACT US

 




ENDTIMES CHATTER: CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR STORE
BLOG HEAVEN
Barack Obama's Teleprompter
Olbermann Watch
The Confluence
Alegre's Corner
Uppity Woman
Ms. Placed Democrat
Fionnchu
Black Agenda Report
Truth is Gold
Hire Heels
Donna Darko
Puma
Deadenders
BlueLyon
Political Zombie
No Sheeples Here
Gender Gappers
That's Me On The Left
Come on, Pilgrims
Cinie's World
Cannonfire
No Quarter USA
Juan Cole
Sky Dancing In A Man's World
The Real Barack Obama
Democrats Against Obama
Just Say No Deal
No Limits
The Daily Howler
Oh...my Valve!
Count Us Out
Make Them Accountable
By The Fault
Tennessee Guerilla Women
Sarah PAC




 

Friday, May 15, 2009

Pelosi political suicide watch.

I must admit to a certain fascination with Pelosi's political suicide. Obama's self inflicted wound after releasing the torture memos is minor relative to Pelosi's repeated pot shots at her own feet.

She keeps making her predicament worse. Given the life of most D.C. dramas is about 2 news cycles it is a wonder to watch Pelosi continue to make her deceit more apparent. After railing against water boarding when the memos were released, she was caught when it became clear she knew all along. Now a sane politician would shut up for a few weeks and let the noise die down. Instead Pelosi, who has no support nationally, has challenged the CIA openly.

What an odd choice. Odd because she must know by now that her handlers in the Obi White House will fight tooth and nail against a congressional investigation. For which she should be grateful. I find it hard to fathom she feels a moral calling to push for an investigation. She has never demonstrated any moral fiber. Besides the GOP would put her on trial in any investigation.

Yet, there she was yesterday calling the CIA a bunch of liars. Coming close to "I did not have sex with that woman" and "I am not a crook." in the raw boldness of her lie. "I am saying that the CIA was misleading the Congress and at the same time the administration was misleading the Congress on weapons of mass destruction,"

Nice conflation, Nance, the former and the latter being entirely different issues.

Even if I studiously avoid "black helicopter" talk, (Which I don't. I find many conspiracy theories interesting. ) one of the institutions I would hesitate to take on in D. C. is the CIA. Even Chicago Slim threw together a pep rally at Langley to make amends after the memos came out. Whatever else I may think about torture, rendition, and what ever else has been going on, I know we need the CIA and would hesitate mightily before lambasting the whole organization.

Either she has convinced herself that she knew nothing of the water boarding and feels she must defend her reputation or she has what amounts to a political death wish.

It is sobering to consider that the top four constitutional officers in the land have remarkably weak egos. Obama, Biden, and Pelosi's connection to facts is often whimsical - at best. Reid (the 4th in line for the presidency) may usually live in reality but he is such a pushover he is largely irrelevant. It isn't until we get down to position 5 - SOS Clinton - that we find a person with a reality based personality and the skill and experience to make that match matter.

Labels: ,

 

 
Website-Hit-Counters
Website-Hit-Counters