We knew Obama was a fraud before it was cool...

CONTACT US

 




ENDTIMES CHATTER: CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR STORE
BLOG HEAVEN
Barack Obama's Teleprompter
Olbermann Watch
The Confluence
Alegre's Corner
Uppity Woman
Ms. Placed Democrat
Fionnchu
Black Agenda Report
Truth is Gold
Hire Heels
Donna Darko
Puma
Deadenders
BlueLyon
Political Zombie
No Sheeples Here
Gender Gappers
That's Me On The Left
Come on, Pilgrims
Cinie's World
Cannonfire
No Quarter USA
Juan Cole
Sky Dancing In A Man's World
The Real Barack Obama
Democrats Against Obama
Just Say No Deal
No Limits
The Daily Howler
Oh...my Valve!
Count Us Out
Make Them Accountable
By The Fault
Tennessee Guerilla Women
Sarah PAC




 

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Atheist Delusion.

This post called: Atheists: No God, no reason, just whining is a very good read and gets to the heart of what has bothered me about atheists for a long while - the bigwigs in the "atheist community" are actually just pissed off at religion. This makes sense. Faith is compatible with science..but it doesn't need it. As a believer I know full well how wrong headed and destructive religion has been and often still is. This is not news to many intelligent believers.

I read Hitchens book "God Is Not Great" a while ago. It is, of course, well written. What struck me most about it though is this: It is a rant against religion and doesn't lay a glove on "God".

It is clear that many atheists think those who believe in a "higher power" are stupid. This doesn't bother me because I find the most committed atheists, while occasionally charming, are often belligerently, willfully small minded...so I am fine being called an ignoramus by a loud mouth atheist.

Hawkins, Hitchens and Sam Harris are intellectual beauty pageant contestants. Posing their intellect for the the brainy pageant judges...But they never getting to heart of matters of faith. "I am an atheist because I'm smarter than you...look how stupid religion is...blah blah blah"

Besides, anyone who has dealt with alcoholism can glean what Hitchens is actually railing against. Alcoholism is an amazing affliction. Some of those with it would rather spent endless energy railing against religion than give up drink...an action that would imply a lifetime of intellectual powerlessness in the face of the bottle. In Hitchens case I suspect he'd rather blame human religion than sober up.

Labels: , , , , ,

 

 
Website-Hit-Counters
Website-Hit-Counters